Straight up, Seminyak cafes know good food and coffee. Going out for breakfast has moved going out for dinner into second place. There was an abundance of cafes dotted around Seminyak and each had a leisurely vibe. Once you had one meal finished, the research was underway as to where to eat the next meal. Although, to be honest I was stalking all these cafes on Instagram before I travelled.
Below is a collection of images from my four favourite cafes in Seminyak, check them out on instagram by clicking on the cafe names.
Cafe Organic, Bali
The Spicy Coconut
Shelter Cafe, Bali
Revolver Espresso Boutique Coffee House
Have you been to Seminyak? Where was your favourite place to eat and drink coffee?
This week I have compiled a list of my favourite healthy hotspots in Abu Dhabi. These places are my go-to healthy hubs, when I am hungry or thirsty.
1. Jones the Grocer – nice laid back vibes and good food.
Wagyu Beef Burger served in Lettuce Wraps
2. Nolu’s Cafe – Downtown Galleria. I am very fond of the Kale Salad and Nolu makes this Afghanistan chutney to serve on the side which is delicious.
3. Asia De Cuba – Located in the St. Regis, Corniche Road. Order the Ceviche or Tuna Pica , you won’t be disappointed.
4. Leopold’s of London , located in Nations Tower. I am a fan of the Sumac Crusted Salmon with Fennel & Radish Salad.
5. Nab Juices – Located in World Trade Centre Souk. They serve fresh coconuts chilled, very refreshing in 45 degree heat!
Fresh Coconut Water
6. Nectar Juice Bar – Located in Bodytree Studio which is also great for yoga, pilates and Xtend barre. Nectar sells a range of juices and smoothies, freshly made Cashew Mylk and their own branded Kale Chips and Granola. Be warned you could eat all the Kale chip in one sitting, they are addictive.
7. 5th Street Cafe – Located in the Marriott World Trade Centre. This is one of my favourite places for breakfast with a particular fondness for Avo Eggs.
Where are your favourite places to eat in Abu Dhabi?
Eat the rainbow, don’t chase it x
Since moving to Abu Dhabi I am on the hunt for restaurants that offer a nice broad range of healthy foods. I will admit they are as rare as hen’s teeth. Upon reflection South Africa was oozing with health food restaurants tailoring to your dietary needs. This isn’t a bad thing for Abu Dhabi, it means there is opportunities/openings for business to flourish by offering a broad range of healthy food options. You really need to sift through the pile and find the hidden gems. One hidden gem which I have discovered is Sushi Art in The Galleria in Abu Dhabi. If you are looking for a nice place to eat this weekend, I suggest you pencil this place on the list.
The menu is extensive from edamame beans, miso soup, seaweed salads, sushi platters, sashimi, hand rolls and tartares. Rehydrate with a green tea or coconut water. Below are some images I snapped there on my visit and also what I ate.
Sushi Art Abu Dhabi
Nevada Hand Roll: Shrimp, Avocado, Mayonnaise & Mint – the mint addition was superb. Price: AED 28.00
Hawaiian Roll: Shrimp, Basil, Avocado, Salmon & Kiwi with Mango Yuzu Sauce – basil & kiwi are a great combo, I will be adding to my salad mixes in the future. Price: AED 42.00
Salmon Ikura: Cheese, Cucumber, Avocado wrapped in Salmon topped with Salmon Roe. Price: AED 40.00
Sea Bream & Mango Tartare: Mango, Avocado & Lime Zest – this was my favourite, it was so light and fresh flavours from the mango and lime. Price AED 70.00
I really enjoyed the food, there is a great vibe in the place too. So this weekend after a pumping workout go and treat yourself to a beautiful meal in Sushi Art.
Nourish your body from the inside out x