Meatless Monday is a global message to encourage individuals to omit meat from their diet one day a week. Simple.
This recipe is adapted from The Happy Pear in collaboration with Super Valu, Ireland. It is a mild curry. Depending on your toddlers taste buds, it can be considered toddler friendly whilst containing your 5 a day. I garnished my meal with chilli flakes and salt. In replacement of cashew nuts, I toasted and crushed peanuts. Onion and garlic are optional depending on dietary requirements.
- 100g sweet potato or white potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 courgette, cut into quarters
- ½ carrot, grated
- 3 x 400g tins of butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 1 Kallo low sodium vegetable stock cube, follow packet instructions
- 2 tbsp mild curry powder
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 100g baby spinach
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- ½ tsp chilli flakes, to garnish
- Salt, to garnish
Made from Scratch
- In a large saucepan add tsp extra virgin olive oil. Add chopped sweet potatoes, courgette, carrot and saute for a few minutes.
- Add butterbeans and coconut milk, stock and curry powder. Bring to the boil.
- Squeeze in the lemon juice and tamarind/soy sauce.
- Add spinach and allow to wilt.
- Toast some chopped nuts and garnish your dish.
- Serve with rice, quinoa or cous cous.
Be sure to keep me posted if you try and test these recipes by posting on Twitter: @WhelehanLynne or Instagram @makeandbakefromscratch #makeandbakefromscratch and Facebook: Make & Bake From Scratch