Cooking with toddlers in the kitchen is a great activity to keep them entertained but it will teach life skills and form healthy lifestyle and eating habits from an early age.
No bake bliss balls are easy to make and can be stored in the fridge. They can be added to lunch boxes or eaten as a treat. I adapt the recipe depending on what is in the cupboard on a particular day. I roll these bliss balls into smaller sizes so they can fit in the toddlers hand and are easy to eat.
1 cup Oats
12 Seedless Dates
1/2 cup Nuts ( I used peanuts or hazelnuts)
1/4 cup Cacao Nibs
1/4 Cacao Powder
2-3 tbsp Water
Make from Scratch
- Pop all dry ingredients into the food processor.
- Gradually add water until the mixture bind together like a paste.
- Roll in the paste into ball shapes
- Sprinkle or roll the bliss balls in unsweetened desiccated coconut or cacao powder or chopped nuts.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Be sure to keep me posted if you try and test these recipes by posting on Twitter: @WhelehanLynne or Instagram @makeandbakefromscratch #makeandbakefromscratch and Facebook: Make & Bake From Scratch