Kick start the morning with these delicious vegan breakfast muffins. They are great for children too. My little one loves to pull them apart and eat whilst I clean crumbs off the floor. All ingredients were procured from Spinneys, Abu Dhabi.Recipe: Breakfast, Snack, Vegan
Cooking Time: 30 mins Fan oven 180 degrees.
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp (7g) mixed with 2 Tbsp warm water)
- 3 medium ripe bananas
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 Tbsp coconut Oil
- 3 Tbsp apple puree
- 1/4 cup sweet freedom fruit syrup
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 180 ml koko unsweetened coconut milk
- 240g spelt flour
- 100g oats
- Optional: cocoa nibs, dried fruit, berries, walnuts, almonds, poppy seeds or pecans.
Make from Scratch:
- Preheat the oven to 180 and grease muffin tray
- Prepare flax egg
- Mash banana with fork or food processor.
- In a mixing bowl add flax egg, mashed banana, vanilla, coconut oil, apple puree, fruit syrup, salt, cinnamon, coconut milk, spelt flour and oats. Mix it all together with the wooden spoon.
- Spoon the muffin batter into the muffin tray.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes depending on oven.
- Devour with your favourite topping!
Be sure to keep me posted if you try and test these recipes by posting on Twitter: @WhelehanLynne or Instagram @makeandbakefromscratch #makeandbakefromscratch and Facebook: Make & Bake From Scratch