This week I have compiled a list of my favourite healthy hotspots in Abu Dhabi. These places are my go-to healthy hubs, when I am hungry or thirsty.
1. Jones the Grocer – nice laid back vibes and good food.
Wagyu Beef Burger served in Lettuce Wraps
2. Nolu’s Cafe – Downtown Galleria. I am very fond of the Kale Salad and Nolu makes this Afghanistan chutney to serve on the side which is delicious.
3. Asia De Cuba – Located in the St. Regis, Corniche Road. Order the Ceviche or Tuna Pica , you won’t be disappointed.
4. Leopold’s of London , located in Nations Tower. I am a fan of the Sumac Crusted Salmon with Fennel & Radish Salad.
5. Nab Juices – Located in World Trade Centre Souk. They serve fresh coconuts chilled, very refreshing in 45 degree heat!
Fresh Coconut Water
6. Nectar Juice Bar – Located in Bodytree Studio which is also great for yoga, pilates and Xtend barre. Nectar sells a range of juices and smoothies, freshly made Cashew Mylk and their own branded Kale Chips and Granola. Be warned you could eat all the Kale chip in one sitting, they are addictive.
7. 5th Street Cafe – Located in the Marriott World Trade Centre. This is one of my favourite places for breakfast with a particular fondness for Avo Eggs.
Where are your favourite places to eat in Abu Dhabi?
Eat the rainbow, don’t chase it x
Buckwheat protein pancakes are super easy to make. Once the weekend lands, I love to spend some extra time making my breakfast. These pancakes are a luscious treat to fuel your weekend work out or indulge post workout. To get the perfect round shape, I used silicone egg rings from Lakelands. By using the egg rings the pancake mixture made 10 mini pancakes. However, you do not need to use egg rings, you can just pour the batter on the pan and make bigger versions.
6 eggs (3 egg yolks)
¼ Cup Buckwheat Flour
1 Sachet Natvia
¼ Baking Soda
1 Tbsp. Greek Yogurt
1 Tbsp. Milled Flaxseed (optional)
1 Scoop Vanilla Whey Protein
Orange & Passion Fruit Greek Yogurt
1 small tub Total Fage Greek Yogurt
Juice of Orange
1 Tbsp. Orange Zest
1 Natvia Sachet
2 Passion Fruit
How to Make from Scratch:
- Preheat Oven 180°
- Pancake batter – in a large mixing bowl add eggs, buckwheat flour, banana, natvia, baking soda, greek yogurt, flaxseed and whey protein. Use an electric mixer to blend the pancake batter to a smooth, runny consistency.
- Cooking – in a large frying pan add some coconut oil (1/4 tsp.) place egg rings on the pan, leave some space between them. Pour pancake batter into egg rings using ¼ cup measurement, don’t fill to the top, half fill the egg rings. Once you see bubbles forming remove from pan. Finish cooking in the oven. See next step.
- Oven- on a lined, greased baking tray, place the egg ring on the tray and gently remove the pancake by gently pushing it out. Give it a quick wipe to remove the excess batter and repeat the process until pancake batter is completely gone.Regularly flip pancakes over in the oven to ensure they are cooked evenly.
- Orange and Passion Fruit Greek Yogurt- in a mixing bowl add greek yogurt, juice of an orange, orange zest, natvia and passion fruit- stir until combined.
- Viola – plate up and enjoy.
Be sure to keep me posted if you try and test these recipes by posting on Twitter: @WhelehanLynne or Instagram @makeandbakefromscratch #makeandbakefromscratch and Facebook: Make & Bake From Scratch
Eat the rainbow, don’t chase it x