This week I was strolling around the supermarket in Abu Dhabi and I stumbled on Golden Irish Fresh Free Range Eggs. Needless to say, I stashed a dozen in the basket whilst deciding what to make. A poached egg, fried egg, boiled or an omelette. Then I had a light bulb moment and thought Egg Muffins. I had an array of vegetables in the fridge and egg muffins are a great recipe to use up all the veg. Egg muffins are a convenient snack for when you are on-the-go , breakfast or like me after the gym.
To the mix I added mashed sweet potatoe, red peppers, garlic, chives, mushrooms, dijon mustard and topped with smashed avocado, chilli, lime and toasted pine nuts.
(makes 12 Muffins)
12 Golden Irish Eggs
145 grams Sweet Potatoe, mashed
Medium sized Red Pepper, chopped
1 punnet Mushrooms, chopped
1 Garlic Clove, grated
Handful of Chives
Make from Scratch:
- Preheat oven 180 degrees.
- Boil: sweet potatoe, leave skin on , until soft and mash with a dash of butter or liquid ( I use Koko coconut milk) and dijon mustard.
- Wash, chop and saute: red pepper, mushrooms, grated garlic until soft. Mix in with mash potatoe.
- Crack: eggs into large mixing boil, whisk. Add drop of coconut milk, chives. Mix in vegetable mix.
- Grease: muffin tray, use 1/4 cup measurement to pour egg muffin mixture into the tray.
- Bake: for 18-20 minutes until golden brown.
On the side I served smashed avocado, cherry tomatoes, chilli, lime and toasted pine nuts. Delicious.
Be sure to keep an eye out for the Golden Irish Eggs in your supermarket :
“On our farms the crack is mighty and our hens run free. Just like us humans, hens need lots of fresh air and plenty of room to roam around and stretch their legs, in wide-open spaces. Healthier hens mean more nutritious and better tasting eggs”.
- For more information about Golden Irish visit Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GoldenIrish?fref=ts
- Twitter: @goldenirisheggs
- Website: http://www.goldenirish.com/
Be sure to keep me posted if you try and test these recipes by posting on Twitter: @WhelehanLynne or Instagram @makeandbakefromscratch #makeandbakefromscratch and Facebook: Make & Bake From Scratch
Eat the rainbow, don’t chase it x