Kick off Mondays with this delicious meat-free dish. I made a batch of these, they are very handy to store in the fridge or lunch box and heat when the hunger strikes. Falafels contain a nice variety of vegetables like chickpeas and sweet potatoes, to help you achieve and eat a healthy diet. Added to the dish is zoodles (zucchini spiralized), cherry tomatoes, coriander, shredded carrots and avocado. Sprinkled with sesame seeds, lime juice and chilli flakes.
* TIP: for convenience I buy the shredded carrots, white cabbage and purple cabbage mixes in the supermarket to make salads. They are very handy and quick , plus boost your plant intake.
1 tin Chickpeas (drained)
1 Extra Large Sweet Potatoe
1/2 tsp. Turmeric,
2 Garlic Cloves,
1 tsp. Cumin, pinch Chilli Flakes, 1 tsp. Coriander Powder, 1 tsp. Tamari Sauce
pinch of Salt & Pepper.
1. Peel and boil sweet potatoe, until soft.
2. Pop sweet potatoe, chickpeas, garlic, cumin, chili, coriander, tamari, salt & pepper. Blitz until smooth mixture is formed.
3. Roll the mixture into 4 burger patty shapes , sprinkle on black & white sesame seeds.
4. Pop on a tray & bake until golden brown. I baked for 25 minutes at 180 degrees, or if you want a crispy exterior leave for another 5 minutes.
Be sure to keep me posted if you try and test these recipes by posting on Twitter: @WhelehanLynne or Instagram @makeandbakefromscratch #makeandbakefromscratch and Facebook: Make & Bake From Scratch
Eat the rainbow, don’t chase it x