Consistency is the key to getting fit and living a healthy and active lifestyle. I have been working my way through Phase 2 of the “Build Your Body From Scratch”, programme. It is a four-day programme for four weeks. I have two days of HIIT training per week or Reformer Pilates in Bodytree Studio or Ashtanga Yoga. It can vary but the main thing is to do some form of exercise that you enjoy and exercise positive lifestyle habits.
Warm Up – Lately, I am fond of skipping. Using my Gymboss timer , I skip for 40 seconds on, 20 seconds off. Set it to 15-20 rounds. Followed by a stretching session.
*Always remember to stretch at the end of each workout. If you missed Phase One, click here.
Remember to stay focused and set goals – build your body from scratch. Keep me posted on your progress on instagram: @makeandbakefromscratch
Kick off Mondays with this delicious meat-free dish. I made a batch of these, they are very handy to store in the fridge or lunch box and heat when the hunger strikes. Falafels contain a nice variety of vegetables like chickpeas and sweet potatoes, to help you achieve and eat a healthy diet. Added to the dish is zoodles (zucchini spiralized), cherry tomatoes, coriander, shredded carrots and avocado. Sprinkled with sesame seeds, lime juice and chilli flakes.
* TIP: for convenience I buy the shredded carrots, white cabbage and purple cabbage mixes in the supermarket to make salads. They are very handy and quick , plus boost your plant intake.
1 tin Chickpeas (drained)
1 Extra Large Sweet Potatoe
1/2 tsp. Turmeric,
2 Garlic Cloves,
1 tsp. Cumin, pinch Chilli Flakes, 1 tsp. Coriander Powder, 1 tsp. Tamari Sauce
pinch of Salt & Pepper.
1. Peel and boil sweet potatoe, until soft.
2. Pop sweet potatoe, chickpeas, garlic, cumin, chili, coriander, tamari, salt & pepper. Blitz until smooth mixture is formed.
3. Roll the mixture into 4 burger patty shapes , sprinkle on black & white sesame seeds.
4. Pop on a tray & bake until golden brown. I baked for 25 minutes at 180 degrees, or if you want a crispy exterior leave for another 5 minutes.
Be sure to keep me posted if you try and test these recipes by posting on Twitter: @WhelehanLynne or Instagram @makeandbakefromscratch #makeandbakefromscratch and Facebook: Make & Bake From Scratch
Eat the rainbow, don’t chase it x