The healthy “Knickerbocker Glory”, can be rustled up in minutes. Personally, I gulped it down post workout as I added Nua Naturals Rice Protein to the mix. Instead of the original recipe using ice-cream, I used frozen banana which gives a thick, creamy consistency. I have a stash of banana’s in the freezer , they are very handy for sweet treats and a good source of vitamin C, B6, potassium and fibre (Grotto, 2011). The red syrup is a blend of frozen raspberries and strawberries.
250 ml Koko Coconut Milk/Nut Milk/Dairy Milk/Coconut Water
1/2 Frozen Banana
1 Tbsp. Nua Naturals Rice Protein
1 Tsp. Honey ( you can add 1 Tbsp. if you prefer it sweeter)
1 Tbsp. Chia Seeds or Flax Seed
50 grams Frozen Raspberries or Strawberries or both
- Defrost: raspberries and strawberries under the grill in a bowl , add 3-4 tbsp. water. Once defrosted , blitz with a hand blender to form a syrup like consistency.
- Grab your tall glass: pour the raspberry and strawberry syrup into the bottom of your tall glass.
- Blitz: coconut milk, frozen banana, nua naturals rice protein, honey and chia seeds – until smooth. Pour into tall glass with the raspberry and strawberry syrup.
- Top with some granola and drink it or eat it with a long spoon.
Be sure to keep me posted if you try and test these recipes by posting on Twitter: @WhelehanLynne or Instagram @makeandbakefromscratch #makeandbakefromscratch
Eat the rainbow, don’t chase it x
- Grotto. D, RD, LDN. (2001) 101 Foods that could save your life. Bantam Books. New York.