Love, Bake, Munch. This cake recipe is low in fructose (if you use rice syrup, fructose is sugar), gluten-free and grain free. It had a rich chocolate taste which really satisfied my chocolate craving taste buds. I baked it on a Sunday as a weekly treat but it would make a great birthday cake for a loving family member or friend. Nourish your soul with real food.
½ cup Ground Almonds
½ cup Coconut Flour
½ cup Pumpkin Puree
¼ tsp. Baking Soda
½ cup Raw Cacao or Cocoa Powder
1 tsp. Vanilla Powder
1 tsp. Cinnamon Powder
3 tbsp. Coconut Oil, melted
5 Free Range Eggs
½ cup Organic Rice Syrup or Honey or 5-6 Medjool Dates, roughly chopped
- Make pumpkin puree, recipe here.
- Preheat oven 180 degrees, bake for 22-25 minutes this will vary with oven temperatures.
- In a food processor add ground almonds, coconut flour, pumpkin puree, baking soda and raw cacao powder, pulse.
- Next add vanilla powder, cinnamon powder, coconut oil, eggs and your sweetener of desire (rice syrup), continue to pulse the mixture to a cake batter.
- Pour mixture into a round sponge cake tin (ensure it is greased) and pop in the oven insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake after 22 minutes; if the toothpick comes out clean the cake is ready to be munched.
- I added Full Fat Greek Yogurt on top, drizzled Rice Syrup and toasted Flaked Almonds.
Be sure to keep me posted if you try and test these recipes by posting on Twitter: @WhelehanLynne or Instagram @makeandbakefromscratch
Real Food Rocks & Cookin’ Rolls x