Be warned its addictive!
What you will need:
- 3 cups Desiccated Coconut (Read the product label to ensure there are no other chemical additives present)
- 1/2 cup Almonds (nibbles, flaked, blanched – any kind you like)
- 1/2 cup Walnuts (crushed) I usually crush them with a rolling-pin if the supermarket doesn’t have the crushed version.
- 1/2 cup Hazelnuts (crushed)
- 1/2 cup Golden Linseed
- 1/2 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 cup Chia Seeds
- 1/2 Sesame Seeds
- Coconut Oil (1 teaspoon)
- Pink Himalayan Rock Salt (pinch)
- Honey (1 tablespoon, however, you can season to taste)
Oven Temp: 150 degrees Fan Oven
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Next put the mixture on a flat baking tray. I tend to layer it up to about 1 inch in thickness. Once the mixture is golden in colour remove it from the oven. Allow it to cool. Place in a storage container.
In a Pyrex jug add the honey and coconut oil. Place the jug in a saucepan of heated water and wait for the mixture to melt. Once melted pour on the cereal and mix it all together
Coconut milk works great if, like me, you prefer the dairy free option. A brand I am very fond of is “Kara”. You can also use rice, soya, hazelnut, quinoa or almond milk. Add some fresh fruit, dried fruit or natural yogurt.
The recipe isn’t set in stone and if you are feeling creative you can mix up the ingredients by adding pecans, cashews, brazil nuts, a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg. I am a coconut fiend so I like to add roasted coconut flakes. Swap honey for agave syrup or molasses. Season it to your taste buds.
You can have the mixture pre-made and store it in your press so when you are running low it is easy to throw another batch in the oven.
Eat Real, Great Feel!